Following is the YMCA parent code of ethics. Please review and follow. Additionally the board would like to emphasis one thing. All parents need to remain off of the practice field unless specifically requested to aid in a drill by the head coach. We fully understand your desire to be supportive and have any and all questions answered. Questions for coaches should be handled after practice. Prior to practice coaches are generally busy preparing. Also, absolutely no parents on the sidelines during games. The only exception will be if you are a member of the chain crew. The "No Field" policy will be strictly followed with no exceptions.
YMCA Parents Code of Ethics
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child while they are participating in YMCA sports by following these ethics.
I will encourage and practice good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other YMCA events. Parents are not allowed to ever approach a game official. I will also never insight others to question an official.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my person desire to win.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all. If I have an issuer with my coach I will go directly to them and I will do this discreetly. I will never approach an opposing coach or an official.
- I expect a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and vulgar and abusive language, and will refrain from their use at all YMCA sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for the children’s fun and enjoyment.
- I will teach my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect.
- I will help my child enjoy their YMCA experience by doing what ever I can.
- I recognize that YMCA sports are competitive and that this may be one of the first times that my child faces a defeat or failure publicly and I will be supportive win or lose.
- I recognize that YMCA coaches teach value lessons and that the games will begin in prayer and I will respect the rights of everyone to choose participation in these practices.
**Failure to abide by any of these rules could result in my suspension form the YMCA events and/or expulsion form the league for my child or myself.